Monday, December 10, 2007

Day 1 of BJT07

Day 1, 18/11/07, Sunday

Arrived at Beijing at around 3pm plus, it was cold as expected when we stepped outdoors, 6 degrees at that time. Hmmm, but i think it's so much worst then Shanghai. Somehow, it’s not that bad still and I think it’ll be worst coming few days, just curious how the locals can take it; they have four seasons, omg, they gonna have lotsa type of clothings. The tour guide Zhudan, look rather friendly, was worried if she’d be angry because some of us were ignoring her when she’s talking abt Chinese history. We arrived at the hotel shortly and the sky’s pretty dark at 5pm! Rather unusual in Singapore and also dinner time at around 6pm? I had mine at like, 7 or 8, depends on me mom or my bro who dabao.

At the 3 –star hotel we were staying, not that bad actually, basic facilities all in and looks decent. But, the 1st thing we were told is to check if anything is… faulty or broken. WTH! Obviously the hotel is crappy, its either they have lousy maintenance or they want to scam my money. Anyway, dinner was fine, quantity without quality I guess. All spicy food, sux, then starchy and full of gravy, yux. Again, i wanna compared with my visit to Shanghai, now, [Shanghai 1, Beijing 0] coz of the food.

After meal, went to a department store to get daily needs and food. Things are definitely cheaper than in Singapore and many packed in large quantity like the 2litres Coke! I spent like only RMB20+ on some snacks, 2 bags of titbits, $4? Then those other noobs, buy until so Ex. While going back, the streets were kind of empty and quiet, its true like what Zhudan said, Beijingers no night life. All I see was KTV and massage parlour, no other entertainment spots, not even bar. Oh, oh, thers' this thing called the 'Cheng Ren Bao Jian', guess wad? Itsa sex shop! nice name man, i still tink is like pharmacy or massage or gym thing la... Anyway, that night had a soso, okok sleep, but Zhilun n Zhixiang those 2 arh... keep telling me some taboo crap abt staying in hotels... make me uneasy la. Lucky, had a gd slp la, 3 people sharing a room, abit squeezy but more lively!

No comments: